- Throughout my time as a DRHS art student I have explored several different mediums. I was really interested in realistic drawing at the beginning of the year but never could find a surface that I enjoyed working on. Now, I am very interested in painting and wish I could have discovered it sooner. I mostly paint with brushes but I use my hands to get certain effects on all my paintings. For most of my backgrounds I use a pallet knife to get the choppy look with different colors peaking through.
- I have put a lot of money into buying quality paints and surfaces to work on. I have also invested a good amount of time in my work. Up until this year not so much but this year I have really tried to make the best art I can.
- I would have started exploring painting much earlier. I made more work that I actually like in the last 4 months of school than I have in my 4 years of art.
- I am proud of myself for exploring different mediums and not giving up completely on art. I really do enjoy painting and will definitely continue throughout college.
- My most memorable experience is the friends I have made in my classes. I have gotten really close with a lot of the people there.
- I want to give the advice to just keep trying and never give up no matter how much you hate a piece, because you will hate at least one. I think that trial and error is extremely important to finding yourself as an artist.
Before starting this project, I was not looking forward to emulating another persons work. I have never liked doing that because I always feel that there is a line you cannot cross with copying, but I also feel I don't know how to make something different that looks similar to an original piece. I struggled with choosing an artist because I began with an idea in my head and was trying to find an artist to match it. Eventually, I found an artist I liked that was completely different than my original idea and had an amazing time doing it. I learned that if i learn how to really understand design, I can really enjoy it. I also enjoyed that I could bring in my own interests to the design. I have always known that I do not have the best craftsmanship, but this project taught me that if I control it, I can really come out with some good products that I am proud of.
I think this project was a really good learning experience for myself and honestly do not know what I would change about it.
I have learned to appreciate design on a different level. I didn't take notice to all the design aspects in every day life. You can take design and use it in any way, from taking notes to creating a billboard. I think it will really help me in my future in the creative world, even though I am not creating art.
If I had to rework the image, I would refine my craftsmanship and re-do the typography in Photoshop.